Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBIOrg
Resolver II
Resolver II

Slicer to compare One vs All

Hi All, 

I have a report to compare the data between ONE(1) Head/Department and ALL Head/Department.

I have 2 tables: UserTable and RawTable (both are not linking any relationship yet).

I want to have a Slicer that will show like the Yellow highlighted Box when it meet different Scenarios. 

Screenshot 2021-06-14 104650.png

For example (Scenario 1),

• When we applied Report-Level Filter for UserTable 'Head' column = A, the slicer will show 2 options: 'A' and 'All'. 
  • When I choose option 'A' in the slicer, it will check on data related to Head 'A' only.
  • When I choose option 'All' in the slicer, it will check on all data including Head 'A' data.

For example (Scenario 2),

• When we applied Report-Level Filter for UserTable 'Department' column = B1, the slicer will show 2 options: 'B1' and 'All'. 
  • When I choose option 'B1' in the slicer, it will check on data related to Department 'B1' only.
  • When I choose option 'All' in the slicer, it will check on all data including Department 'B1' data.

For example (Scenario 3),

• When we didn't applied any to Report-Level Filter, the slicer will show only 1 options: 'All'. 
  • When I choose option 'All' in the slicer, it will check on all data.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PowerBIOrg 

Despite lots of text and nice pictures... I'm exactly as wise as I was before seeing this post. I'd kindly suggest reading this

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/td-...

.... and then rephrasing your problem.

To get good answers (or at all) it's good to see the problem you have through the eyes of those who have never seen it before in the first place and then think about how to phrase it. Just think that you're explaining this to people who have no idea whatsoever what you've been doing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors