Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akfir
Helper IV
Helper IV

Slicer of a measure based on whether it is greater than zero or not

Hi,
i have a model with several fact tables (such as orders, sales etc.). my main pivot fact table is customers.
i have built some measures calculating sum of sales/orders/etc in the last X months (X is being selected as a parameter by the user in a dedicated slicer).
i have a table visual of customers (row per customer) and in columns there are all the measures i mentioned above.
my aim is adding slicers as number of measures above which simply filter the table by --measure is greater than zero or not-- (true/false) and of course change the count of customers' card visual accordingly. 
i hope its clear.
thanks in advance,
Amit

3 REPLIES 3
akfir
Helper IV
Helper IV

Thanks for your reply!
if i build one of the above columns (called it "A" for convinience) in Customers table i get this error: <pi>A circular dependency was detected: Customers[A], Customers[Num. Of Devices], Customers[A].</pi>

Hi, @akfir 

Can you share a sample file for further research?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@akfir , for a measure filter use a visual level filter or values/summarize depending on the number of columns

Countx(Filter(Values(Customer[Customer]), [Sales] >0), [Customer])

or

Countx(Values(Customer[Customer]), if([Sales] >0, [Customer], blank()))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel_PBI_Wave1

2023 Release Wave 1 Plans

Power BI release plans for 2023 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2023 through September 2023.

Power BI Summit Carousel 2

Global Power BI Training

Make sure you register today for the Power BI Summit 2023. Don't miss all of the great sessions and speakers!

BizApps LATAM 2023

Business Application LATAM Summit 2023

Join the biggest FREE Business Applications Event in LATAM this February.

Power Platform Bootcamp

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

In this bootcamp we will deep-dive into Microsoft’s Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors