Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer not interacting with multiple tables

Hello Power BI experts,

In today's call for help, my slicers are not interacting with graphs from multiple tables.

The three bar charts come from tables: Different, Help, Learn. 

The TAP slicer comes from the Able Table.

quipmaster_0-1664835663788.png

This is my Relationship model. I get a warning of Many to Many relationship is I try to establish a relationship between Able and Help or Different or Learn. 

Able, Help, Learn, and Different are dimension tables connected to the Fact Table by LEA ID. I thought that connecting the Dim tables to the Fact table would make the slicer work. 

Help Percent =
DIVIDE(
COUNT(
'Help'[Category]),
CALCULATE(COUNT('Help'[Category]),
ALL()
))

I've tried CrossFilter to no avail. 

If you could be me a gentle nudge in the DAX or relationship, that would be much appreciated. 

quipmaster_1-1664835764872.png

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Shaurya
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Anonymous,

I can see that the joins between Able and Help / Learn / Different have a bidirectional cross filter. Since you are using the same LEA ID column to join all the tables, it might be affecting the data that you are seeing. Why don't you try this with single direction joins!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think there was one more issue that resolved my dilemma. 

LEA ID is double-counted for respondents. I decided to have the model tied to participant_ID. Voila the interactions worked!

Thank you for your guidance.

Shaurya
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Anonymous,

I can see that the joins between Able and Help / Learn / Different have a bidirectional cross filter. Since you are using the same LEA ID column to join all the tables, it might be affecting the data that you are seeing. Why don't you try this with single direction joins!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors