Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer mulitple value store and then use to display visuals dynamically

Can someone share some thoughts if below is doable or not?

I wanted to create a report with 6 visuals and a slicer with 30 measure names(only names of measures not measure itself).

Task 1

On selection of one measure name from slicer first visual will show that measure. This part is done as I am able to display visual on the basis of user selection. ( in case of radio button, when only one option can be selected )

I used below measures to toggle selected choice by user

This measure to find what user has selected from slicer ( only works for single selection not mulitple ) 

[SelectedMeasureFromList] =
SWITCH( TRUE(),
[MeasureSelected] = "Volume",[Volume],
[MeasureSelected] = "Revenue",[TotalRevenue],
[MeasureSelected] = "Cost",[TotalCost],
[MeasureSelected] = "Pure Margin",[TotalPureMargin],
[MeasureSelected] = "ARPU",[ARPU],
[MeasureSelected] = "AMPU",[AMPU],
[MeasureSelected] = "ACPU",[ACPU],
BLANK() )

This measure is used to find which measure to use to display in visual

[DisplayThisSelectedMeasure] = SELECTEDVALUE(SelectedMeasureFromList[Measure],[AMPU])

Task 2

Restrict users to select fixed number of choices from slicer, like 6 in this case? I am not able find that option?

Task 3

Upon user selection of 6 measures, all 6 visuals display those selected measures from slicer? For this task I am not able to find a way to store names of selected choices by user as they are more than one? In programming languages we use Strings where location 0, location1 .. location 5 will be stored and then used accordingly? Does that make sense and Doable?

Your input will be crucial for my application development, plesae share your thoughts.

Regards

Ali

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Measures can't return more than 1 value. But they can return text. If you want to return a set of values, please convert them into text, concatenate with a delimiter and return.

Task 2 is a question for a different forum.

Best
D
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous , could you please advise which forum I should post task2 question? 

kind regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say one where they discuss visuals but wouldn't be able to tell you exactly which that would be.

Maybe... this one https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/bd-p/power-bi-designer

Best
D

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors