Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Berl21
Helper III
Helper III

Show the start date of a specific project

Hi,

I am working on a report where two different projects started with a few days intervals. For the second one, I would like to specify the start date as a measure shown in a card, and then calculate the number of days between this date and today.

I know it is possible to define a specific date as a measure, but I can't find out how 😕 😕 😕

Any help for that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Pauline.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adescrit
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Berl21 

If the date you want to use as the "Start Date" exists within your dataset for project 2, you could use the MIN() function to return the minimum date in a column and treat that as the start date.

Howev er if you want to hard-code a date using DAX you can use the DATE function. For example today's date using this hard-coded method would look like this:

Start Date = DATE( 2022, 08, 22 )
// DATE( yyyy, mm, dd)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
My LinkedIn

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Adescrit
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Berl21 

If the date you want to use as the "Start Date" exists within your dataset for project 2, you could use the MIN() function to return the minimum date in a column and treat that as the start date.

Howev er if you want to hard-code a date using DAX you can use the DATE function. For example today's date using this hard-coded method would look like this:

Start Date = DATE( 2022, 08, 22 )
// DATE( yyyy, mm, dd)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
My LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors