Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JBaker0585
Frequent Visitor

Show a Gross Profit % based on a User Authorization

Good Morning All,

Forum newbie here, I have a disconnected table (Cost Basis) in my Power Bi report that allows me to dynamically switch my Gross Profit % calculation between two cost structures (Comm-Cost and COGS) based on the user's selection in a slicer. This worked great when all of my user's were allowed to see either cost structure. Now, our company wants to provide access to sales associates and we need to limit these user's to only viewing one cost (Comm-Cost). I have created another table (Cost View) with the user's who we will give access and who we need to limit to only showing the one cost structure.

My slicer is setup using the below measure:

__Dynamic GP% =
VAR SelectedGP = SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Cost Basis'[Basis], "COGS" )
RETURN
SWITCH ( TRUE (),
SelectedGP = "COGS", [__Gross Profit %],
SelectedGP = "Comm-Cost", [__Gross Profit % COMM],
[__Gross Profit %]
)

I have tried to modify this measure to take into account the sales associate, but I cannot seem to find the correct solution. Please let me know if you need any additional information and thanks for all of your help in advance.

@Greg_Deckler & @MattAllington  - You both have helped me a number of times with your contributions to the forum, so just in case :Data Model.PNG
0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors