Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Set Value Based on Slicer

Hello,

Is there a way to set a value in a dataset or measure that is based on the lowest numeric value currenly in a silcer? For example, I have a slicer that has a range from 1 to 60. When someone moves the slice to 12 to 24 I want a certain data in my dataset to change their value to 12.   

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. There is. And by saying that I give you about as much info as you have given about your problem.

Best
Darek
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy to elaborate @Anonymous . I have a line graph with multiple lines and I am trying to keep one of those lines from being filtered out when I use one of the slicers. This slicer is a numeric slicer that you can change the range between 1 to 60 of a certain column of data. I would like to change the values in that column for the data that makes up that line, to same value as the lowest value selected in the slicer. This will keep the line graph presented in the line graph. I would be gratful for your help. If you have a better solution please let me know. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still, this is not entirely clear since I can't see the model.

Your slicer must be a disconnected table, first and foremost, because if it filters a table from which a column is taken to make up the x-axis, then you're out of luck. Secondly, the line you want to tie to the lowest value of the slicer must be aware of the lowest value only. So, you should create a measure that will sense the lowest value and use it properly.

Best

Darek

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors