Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Peppearson
Helper I
Helper I

SelectedValue and Inactive Relationship

Hi,

I'm current using the below dax formula as a dynamic title field for a visual.

Slide 12 Title = "Example Text - "&SELECTEDVALUE(Calendar_Table[Quarter Name]) &" " &SELECTEDVALUE(Calendar_Table[Year])&" - Example Text"

The idea is that when the visual is filtered for a specific quarter and year then it will return the following

Example Text - Quarter 3 2022 - Example Text

However recently I've added an inactive relationship from a date field in a fact table to the main calendar table. Following this addition whenever my visual is filtered for the current quarter it does not return the Quarter name.

But when it is filtered for any other quarter it works correctly.

Note - the new date field (frm fact table) that I've connected to the calendar table does have dates that are outside of the calendar table's dates.

Note 2 - When the new date field is connected I can see a blank option appears when filtering the visual (which is not there without the inactive relationship). And this blank option only appears when filtering for the current quarter.

Pic1.pngPic2.png

Note 3 - I can make the formula work if I add two filters (one filtered for the current quarter - the other filtering out blank values).

Any Other ideas why that might be?

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
daXtreme
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Please give a link to a sample pbix file that illustrates the problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors