Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Thigs
Helper III
Helper III

Selected Value Times Each Row?

Hi all

I am trying to create some kind of formula that would work based on a selected value/what if parameter. My what if parameter is how many days of stock I want to have on hand - it is whole numbers from 1 - 60. 

Then I have created a summary table that has Item ID, Month, Average items sold per day, and total items sold during that month. I want to create a formula that multiplies the average number of items sold per day by the stock days on hand (what if parameter). Here is what I've tried - 

Inventory Units =
VAR InternalTable = summarize('Order Data','Order Data'[ITEM_ID],'Order Data'[Month], "Units per Day", sum('Order Data'[ORIG_ORDER_QTY])/DISTINCTCOUNT('Order Data'[Date Time]), "Units per Month", sum('Order Data'[ORIG_ORDER_QTY]))

VAR InvUnits = sumx(InternalTable, [Units per Day] * SELECTEDVALUE('Days of Inventory'[Days of Inventory]))

RETURN
InvUnits

This is just returning blanks for each row. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Thigs 

Try

Inventory Units =
DIVIDE (
    SUM ( 'Order Data'[ORIG_ORDER_QTY] ),
    DISTINCTCOUNT ( 'Order Data'[Date Time] )
)
    * SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Days of Inventory'[Days of Inventory] )

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

@Thigs 

What is the relationship between the two tables? How does your visual look like?

Between which two tables? The summary table? Right now I only have the one table and the what-if parameter, which I have not connected to anywhere. The Days of Inventory is a what-if parameter that simply contains numbers between 1-60. 

@Thigs 

That is strage. Must be something in the visual. But ofcaurse you select only value right?  Can you please share a screenshot 

I officially got it to not be blank, but now it's all the same value -

Screenshot What If.PNG

@Thigs 

Try

Inventory Units =
DIVIDE (
    SUM ( 'Order Data'[ORIG_ORDER_QTY] ),
    DISTINCTCOUNT ( 'Order Data'[Date Time] )
)
    * SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Days of Inventory'[Days of Inventory] )

I think this worked! Double checking it now manually to make sure, but it looks good!

Hi @Thigs ,

May I ask if your problem has been solved? Did tamerj1's post above help you? If any of the posts are helpful, then please consider accepting it as a solution to help other members find it faster. Many thanks!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_Gao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors