Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

LaurindaS

Search In Different Order

I'm looking to have a search field that looks in a table where it searches the same words, but the words could be in a different order. In excel, it would be similar to the contains and contains filter instead of the exact filter.

Example

Description Field: Pen Blue Medium Bic

In the search field if "blue pen" is entered I would like for this description to come up. It's only coming up if I type the words in the exact same order. Eg. "Pen blue", "blue medium" & "medium bic"

Thanks in advance for your help! 🙂

Laurinda

2 REPLIES 2
goncalogeraldes
Super User
Super User

PBI has a functionality called "Synonyms" that may help you in this case! Please check the below link as it may provide some insights onto your problem:

https://www.biinsight.com/power-bi-synonyms-take-qa-experience-to-the-next-level/

Hope this answer solves your problem! If you need any additional help please tag me in your reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️ or give it a kudoe 👍
Thanks!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Geraldes

Hi Goncalo,

This is our "work around" solution we have right now, but it's quite time consuming & leaves room for human error if I forget to add a variation,. There are thousands of fields in this table & some of the fields have alot of words in the description so I would have to put every variation that they might search to have it come up.

Example:

Description: Pen Blue Medium Point Bic Round Ballpoint

I would have to put every variation that they could potentially search.
Eg. Blue Pen

Medium Blue

Bic Pen

Bic Ballpoint

Ect.

I was hoping to find a way to have it search for all words in any order somehow in the programming so it doesn't allow for human error & more efficient.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors