Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

'Same Store' Utilzation

Hi guys,

I'd like to see the growth of 'same store' volume (same store = not including new customers)

I have the following Table Data:

CUST SAP NumberRunYearMonthC17 Volume
1112020M073
1122020M075
1112021M0710
1122021M0711
1132021M072

Requested Output (in BOLD):

RunYearMonthYoY Same Store Growth
M07162.5%*
M08..

* Only using ratio for customers 111+112 as they existed in the previous period. 113 did not exist (new customer).

So calculation is (10+11)/(3+5)-1 = 1.625

thanks guys

3 REPLIES 3
daxer-almighty
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Such calculations are easy on condition that your model is correct, which means "built according to Best Practices" (meaning: star-schema). I gather from the picture you sent it's not the case. I'd be glad to help you but you have to have a correct model. Then everyhing becomes EASY. Here's where you could start exploring the world of correct models: Understand star schema and the importance for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , move year to different table say date (This will work when the year is in the different table only

This Year = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]),filter(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year])))
Last Year = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]),filter(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year])-1))

diff = [This Year]-[Last Year ]
diff % = divide([This Year]-[Last Year ],[Last Year ])

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak ,

I'm getting an error with the last year one for some reason..

Any Clue?

Many thanks

3.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors