Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Momie2005
Frequent Visitor

SLOW Excel after changing filters

Hello, 

I'm working with a financial team (they love EXCEL😛), and we have the same report, in power BI It take just few seconds to  refresh the pages of the report ( the max is 1 min for a page in the report), but It takes 30 min sometimes in Excel just after changing one filter, sometimes It crushes when a lot of users works on IT.

I know that the Excel is not optimsed like power BI to run a query from SQL server Analysis services database,Is theire any solution to solve this kind of problem because they are sticky to EXCEL?

Many thanks in advance for your propositions 🙂

1 REPLY 1
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

@Momie2005 

This is why I dumped excel. The DAX engine is different in excel than power bi. I don't know the details. However, excel is much more faster in one case, which is when you have a large number of queries. Excal can handle tens of queries while power bi crashes  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors