Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Queen_Geek
Helper I
Helper I

Running balance with no dates

I want the 'balance' column to decrease with each invoice.  I've tried altering codes for running totals and have gotten nothing except an increased list with each invoice being duplicated many times.  My data is just an excel spreadsheet...2 of them actually.  'Total This Invoice' and 'Revised Amount' are from different tables (with a relationship based on the specific project).  I think it should be as basic as:

Running Balance = (sum(CommitmentsSC_SummaryLog[Revised Value])-sum('Vanir - Commitment Invoices'[Total This Invoice])).
I tried that, but that is what duplicates the rows over and over again...  I don't know if it effects the question at hand, but I do have two slicers that filter this visual.

Here is what I haveas a visual:running balance.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Attach a sample file (you can, for instance, paste a link to a shared file on OneDrive). If we don't know what the model looks like, nobody will be able to help you.

If the same value is repeated in each row, it's 99% of the time a sign of missing relationship(s). The relationship(s) you mention could also be set up in the wrong way... There's no telling what's wrong before we can see the model and example data. Sorry.

Best

D.

I don't know how to get this to you except screen shots.  I can't share my OneDrive with anyone outside the company.   😞  Here are screen shots.  Will this help you help me?data 2.jpgdata spreadsheet one.jpgrelationship.jpgsome success.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors