cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Row Level Security comparison between columns

Hi all

I am implementing RLS in my dashboard where there are two tables, one of managers and other customers. 
They do not have a direct relationship/join but there is a relation which is the team they both are on. The managers manage the team and the table contains the column with each users team; m2m relation between team and manager, each manager can have multiple teams and each team can have multiple managers. so I have flattened the data so I have 2 rows for one manager with 2 teams (to make thing easier). The customers also have a team column in their table.

Issues:

1- Managers need to be able to see only customers of their teams

2- Customer team name can have suffix , for example Sales in manager is equivalent in Sales U and Sales GP in customer.

I can't seem to make this work. I tried simple Customer[team] = Manager[team], it didnt work. Neither did using IN and Search functions.

Any help is much appreciated. 
Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User V
Super User V

Re: Row Level Security comparison between columns

Hi @sarvechsamejo 

Can you create a data sample that represents your scenario?

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

August Community Highlights

Check out a full recap of the month!

Upcoming Events

Community Summit North America – Join Online!

Join this community-driven Power Platform digital event for unbiased support and problem-solving.

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Top Solution Authors