Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bfaws
Helper III
Helper III

Result on works with two slicers???

Hi,

I`m looking for some help with some measures that dont seem to be lining up. 

I`m trying to calculate the amount of days absence employees have taken in a given period of time per department.  I have three tables to base the measures on. The end result I`m after is the amount of days absence divided by the rolling average FTE for the last 12 months.

Table 1:  Absences - this shows a list with one line per absence. Each line contains an employee number, type of absence, department, and hours absent

Table 2: Resource reports - these are a snapshot of all departments taken on first day of each month.  Its contains a list of all employees and thier FTE (full time equivalent).  I have added a measure to this that show the sum of FTE so i know how many full time equavalent employees there are in each period in each department.

Table 3: Rolling calendar

Measure I have so far:

Sum of FTE

12 month rolling average for FTE (FTE for 12 months /12)

Sum of hours:  Sum of hours absence per month

Days absent: Sum of hours /7.5  (7.5 equates to one full day)

Days absent PP:  This is the Days Absent / 12 month rolling FTE

All these work well in a table with no slicers - when I add costc(T) slicer (department) it only works if i have two slicers (one for absence table and one for resource table) both for Costc(T).  For example i only get the correct result when i select HR in each slicer.

Any help would be appreciated.  Please see link below to .pbix

Link to .pbix file 

Thanks,

Brendan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to learn the rules of proper dimensional modelling. Check out the attached file.

Best

D

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to learn the rules of proper dimensional modelling. Check out the attached file.

Best

D

Hi darlove,

Many thanks - This has been replicated in my real model.  Thanks for the tip on Dimensional Modelling.  I`m really new to Power BI and data modelling in general so any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks, 

Brendan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Bfaws

Here's something about dimensional modelling for beginners:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK70mN7r1fE

What applies to the data warehouse applies to models in Power BI as well in its full entirety. "Star schema" is the holy grail of dimensional modelling and you should always, without exceptions, stick to it if you want to save yourself grief and gloom in the future.

Best
D

Thanks darlove,

I`ll definately watch the video and look more into the "Star Schema".

Thanks,

Brendan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors