Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sak2311

Reset calculation based on first condition being met

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a Rule based change to Control limits.

Although, the rules are working individually, the rule violation is being triggered based on overall trend whereas it needs to reset the Control limit based on the first Rule violation and the next trigger should be reset from the date (Month) of first violation occurance.

Essentially, the value of changed Control limit should remain constant and next rule should trigger a response only after it crosses the threshold both in terms of time (after first occurance) and the actual rule violation (based on the first rule being violated).

Example: Rule2  = Two out of 3 consecutive values above or below 2 STDEV. So, if the first violation of this rule occured in Aug'22, the next set of rules should be checked from Aug'22 onwards which is at least 3 months after the first violation (since it's Monthly data and the next trigger can only happen when 2 out of 3 values cross the threshold after Aug'22).

Sample data based on current state (in black) and required output in Green (in screenshot below):

sak2311_0-1669185204798.png

Rules:

• Rule 1: One value Above or Below 3 Stdev
  • Rule 2: Two out of 3 Consecutive values Above or Below 2 Stdev
  • Rule 3: Four out of Five values above or below 1 Stdev
  • Rule 4: Eight values above or below Average
  • Rule 5: Trend (Six values Ascending or Descending)

Unfortunately, I don't have a sample raw data file to share because of data sensitivity.

1 REPLY 1
daXtreme
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Unfortunately, I don't have a sample raw data file to share because of data sensitivity.

How about creating a fake data set that demonstrates the issue? This I believe you can do? With today's tools everything is possible and very often very simple and quick. You just have to put in some effort... right?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors