Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Gresi
Frequent Visitor

Replace Time of specific Datetime

Hi at all,

i have a table with a column named start that represents a Datetime. Format -> 01.07.2019 05:50:00

I also have a Slicer where i can select a timespan. In this case from 6am to 2pm.

SlicerFromTo.JPG

Now when start is less than 6 i want to replace the time 05:50:00 with 06:00:00.

Start should look like 01.07.2019 06:00:00 now.

It would be nice if someone can help me.

Thanks in advance,

Gresi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You should first extract the time from the Datetime Value. For doing this Select the column -> Go to Modelling -> Change Datetime format (HH:MMS). This would show the Column as Time Value. Now, Create a new column with the below formula 

Once Done, Go to Modelling and change the Format back to Datetime (DD/MM/YYYY HH:MMS) as the Output Datatype from the above would be of type Text.

New_Column:= Date(Year(Date), Month(Date), Day(Date)) &IF(HOUR(Date[Time])< 6, "06:00:00",Date[Time]))

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You should first extract the time from the Datetime Value. For doing this Select the column -> Go to Modelling -> Change Datetime format (HH:MMS). This would show the Column as Time Value. Now, Create a new column with the below formula 

Once Done, Go to Modelling and change the Format back to Datetime (DD/MM/YYYY HH:MMS) as the Output Datatype from the above would be of type Text.

New_Column:= Date(Year(Date), Month(Date), Day(Date)) &IF(HOUR(Date[Time])< 6, "06:00:00",Date[Time]))

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors