Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reo-ordering my x-axis points

Hi,

I jsut added in the June weeks to this graph but I can't figure out to switch how they are appearing on the x-axis. It is out of date order! Many thanks for your advice!!

re-order.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Great, add a visual level filter. Drag the actual date field to the visual level filters, apply relative date filtering set to last 6 weeks.

Untitled (1).png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tarunsingla
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Your x-axis field is not of Date type; hence the points are not sorted as desire. Those are sorted alphabetically.

You may either name your weeks in such a way that those would align with calendar dates (e.g. prefix with 0 where needed, etc). Or use another more powerful feature Power BI has called Sort By Column.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-sort-by-column#sort-using-the-sort-by-column-butto...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the date tip!! Adding in 0's fixed it immediately!

Another question - How can I limit the number of weeks appearing on m y x-axis. I would like it to show 6 weeks at a time.

many thanks for all your help!

Great, add a visual level filter. Drag the actual date field to the visual level filters, apply relative date filtering set to last 6 weeks.

Untitled (1).png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors