Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RemyBosman
Helper II
Helper II

Removefilters not working

Hi All,

I'm writing a DAX Query which exectutes different parts of the query depending on the current filter. This logic works, however: 
In example #1, de removefilters works just fine. I'm getting values over a range of dates.
In example #2, the removefilters does not work. The result is a value on a single date.

It seems to be caused by the filter statement which i marked with as #3. Does anyone know if performing a removefilter together with another filter in the Calculate statement does't work? I can imagine the fact table inside #3 is still filtered by the date table. But how to get rid of the Date filter there? 
I've tried to work with ALLEXCEPT(FACT,COLUMN,ETC). But so far no result. 

2020-11-11 20_42_27 - Power BI Desktop.png

Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wdx223_Daniel
Super User
Super User

@RemyBosman try to add another CALCULATE out of your code and move REMOVEFILTERS outside, such as 

IsLevelDfiltered=CALCULATE(CALCULATE(SUM,FILTER,DATEBETWEEN),REMOVEFILTER)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RemyBosman
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks Daniel! Works like a charm! 🙂

wdx223_Daniel
Super User
Super User

@RemyBosman try to add another CALCULATE out of your code and move REMOVEFILTERS outside, such as 

IsLevelDfiltered=CALCULATE(CALCULATE(SUM,FILTER,DATEBETWEEN),REMOVEFILTER)

This works, but why? I would think it would remove the filter in the inner Calculate also, but it doesn't.

AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @RemyBosman 

By using the whole table 'Transformatie Dim_HoldingDate' as base for the FILTER( ) in #3, you are basically "bringing back in" whatever filter context is active on that table. If you are only filtering on the [NODE_NO] column, you can better use: 

FILTER( ALL('Transformatie Dim_HoldingDate'[NODE_NO]), 'Transformatie Dim_HoldingDate'[[NODE_NO] = RELATED(.....))

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

Hi AlB,

I'm not using the holdingdate in the Filter in #3, did you accidently read it wrong, or do I misunderstand you?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors