Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Removefilters?? All??? AllSelected??? which to use?

Question:  How do I modify my measure to ignore the date slicer?

Details:

I have a cluster chart that captures the average number of tickets per week of the month for this month and last month.  I am also trying to add a line that captures the average number of tickets per week of the month for ALL months, but I can't seem to make it work.  I'm not sure which command function to use or where to apply it within the formula.

Ruthie09_0-1652793728935.png

Here is the data that drives the bars above in table format since I can't upload anything to the cloud.  

Ruthie09_1-1652793943189.png

As you can see from the chart above, because April is selected in the Date slicer, I'm getting the correct bar values but the line chart is simply using the selected month.  What I need is for the line chart to pick up these values (which are the weekly average counts for all months):

Ruthie09_2-1652794212494.png

The measure to modify:

This is the formula that drives the above Weekly Avg I want:

_Inc SC Avg Count by W# = AVERAGEX ( VALUES( 'DATE Table'[_Date SC Week of Month (# only)] ), 'Incident Measures'[_Inc Count] ) / [_Count of Months]

The biggest hurdles I'm facing right now is that (1) all the parts of my above measure are also measures (2) that if I remove any of the date filters, the other parts of the formula don't work and (3) what I want to ignore is a slicer (I think, for example, that REMOVEFILTERS only works on actual filters, but I'm not sure).

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah.  But it doesn't much matter.  I still need to find a way to get to the list of totals that starts with 7,050.  😕

Did you see my respose to you other post. Please put both replies to gether in order to get the full picture. 

@Anonymous 

Can you provide the expected results?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tamerj1 

It's the average of all W1s, all W2s, etc. respectively.

When I use my original formula (below), I get these values if I (1) clear the filters from the Date slicer or (2) if I circle slash the table with the Date slicer selected.

(1)

Ruthie09_3-1652806625672.png

or this

(2)

Ruthie09_2-1652806590640.png

_Inc SC Avg Count by W# = AVERAGEX ( VALUES( 'DATE Table'[_Date SC Week of Month (# only)] ), 'ABV Incident Measures'[_Inc Count] ) / [_Count of Months]

@Anonymous 

What is the code of [_Count of months]?

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was one of the Date Table columns I listed above:

_Count of Months = COUNTROWS(VALUES('DATE Table'[Year Month Name]))

You may have a problem like the one above if you have columns in your date table which are sorted by other columns. This is a known problem and you can find a solution to this on YT in one of Alberto Ferrari's videos. But long story short, you have to not only remove the filter from the column you use in the slicer but also remove it from the field by which you sort the column. Not saying this IS the problem here but only that it might be.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@daXtreme 

I couldn't find the video you were referring to.  I watched a couple of others of his (and Marco's) but they weren't what you were talking about.  Can you find a link to it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@daXtreme 

Well, if nothing else, that helped me understand a little of what Dax Studio does.  Alas, however, it did not apply in this case.

@tamerj1 

One thing I did notice trying to look at it in Studio is that the first one we tried (with the All filter) completely ignored the All filter, as though it wasn't even there.  Also, when I use the Edit Interactions circle slash, the code doesn't list the date slicer filter as a variable.

If I could figure out how to turn this code into a valid measure, we'd be golden but it's yelling at me around the "IsGrandTotalRowTotal" and Order By parts.

_Inc SC Avg Count by W# 2 =
VAR __DS0FilterTable =
FILTER(
KEEPFILTERS(VALUES('Min CI Service Count'[Min CI Service Count])),
'Min CI Service Count'[Min CI Service Count] = 10
)

VAR __DS0FilterTable2 =
FILTER(
KEEPFILTERS(VALUES('ABV INCIDENTS'[INC_STATE])),
NOT('ABV INCIDENTS'[INC_STATE] IN {"Canceled"})
)

VAR __DS0FilterTable3 =
FILTER(
KEEPFILTERS(VALUES('DATE Table'[Date])),
'DATE Table'[Date] >= DATE(2021, 12, 1)
)

VAR __DS0Core =
SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(
ROLLUPADDISSUBTOTAL('DATE Table'[_Date SC Week of Month (W#)], "IsGrandTotalRowTotal"),
__DS0FilterTable,
__DS0FilterTable2,
__DS0FilterTable3,
"v_Inc_SC_Avg_Count_by_W_", 'ABV Incident Measures'[_Inc SC Avg Count by W#]
)

VAR __DS0PrimaryWindowed =
TOPN(502, __DS0Core, [IsGrandTotalRowTotal], 0, 'DATE Table'[_Date SC Week of Month (W#)], 1)

RETURN
__DS0PrimaryWindowed

ORDER BY
[IsGrandTotalRowTotal] DESC, 'DATE Table'[_Date SC Week of Month (W#)]

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors