Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cworkman2015
Helper II
Helper II

Remove the highs and low weeks of a rolling average across N weeks

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm trying to identify high and low sales weeks in a summarized group of data in a rolling 6 weeks.

Thus far I'm able to build the filtered 6 week period and summarize them as sales units by week.

var filtered_table = FILTER(CONFORM_MOVEMENT, CONFORM_MOVEMENT[is_summary] <> 1 && CONFORM_MOVEMENT[date_key] > max(CONFORM_MOVEMENT[date_key]) - 42)

var summarize_table = SUMMARIZE(filtered_table, 'Calendar'[Week],"sales_units_by_week", sum(CONFORM_MOVEMENT[SalesUnits]))

return maxx(topn(1,summarize_table,[sales_units_by_week], desc),'Calendar'[Week])

When I attempt to return the maxx week of the rolling 6 weeks it brings over the current week rather than the top in the last 6 weeks.

rolling_6_week_average.PNG

My expectation would be this on May 9th record looking back 6 weeks i would identify the high week to be April 11th and the low week to be april 4th. However, on Mar 28th i would see the high week as march 21st and the low week as february 21st. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Channing

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't get answers, it means people don't understand your description of the problem...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors