Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kta87
Helper I
Helper I

Related Function is not working

Hi All,

I have to tables from different sources (Storage Mode:Mixed), one is from a Power BI dataset, and the other one is from Snowflake. The relationship between those tables is one to one.

When I'm trying to get a column into the snowflake table from the dataset with related function, I'm receiving the following error:

The column 'name' either doesn't exist or doesn't have a relationship to any table available in the current context.

Does anyone encounter this issue? This is happening only when the connection is mixed, Dataset & other sources.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
AntrikshSharma
Community Champion
Community Champion

@kta87 Is the relationship active between both tables?

Yes, the relationship is active.

Thank you,

Kta87

Yes. This is strange, if i'm creating a visual with columns from both table, the information is added without any issues.  This issue is happening only when I'm using the new functionality from the December version 2.88.1144.0, DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Azure Analysis Services.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors