Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dhutch909
Frequent Visitor

RankX not correct with measure for average sales

I am trying to RankX the regional manager of each team; however, manager have different size teams and hence higher sales. What I am trying to do is average out their sales / headcount and rank that; however, I am running into several spots when filtering by the month that some of the rankings are out of order, see pics. Any help is much appreciated. 

Dhutch909_0-1593127037563.png

Dhutch909_1-1593127078545.png

Dhutch909_2-1593127133367.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@harshnathani @amitchandak 

I have it figured out. I am pulling head count from an employee table and order values from an order table for the average. I had to change the relationship on my tables to filter both. Previously the employee table was filtering the order table. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
harshnathani
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Dhutch909 ,

RANK =
RANKX (
    ALLSELECTED ( 'Service Territory'[Regional Manager] ),
    [Reg-Order Average]
)

Regards,

Harsh Nathani

@harshnathani  This resuts in The end of the inpt was reached, error. 

Dhutch909_0-1593173852765.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@amitchandak  I am not 100% sure what you mean? The Reg - Order Average uses the number of employees for each manager to get an average and then the Rankx compares the managers averages against each other. Is something wrong with that?

@harshnathani @amitchandak 

I have it figured out. I am pulling head count from an employee table and order values from an order table for the average. I had to change the relationship on my tables to filter both. Previously the employee table was filtering the order table. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors