Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

REDO mesures without RELATEDTABLE

Hello,

I could not find the answer on youtube, so I ask some help here.

I ve got a new dataset to manage which was made not by me. It is very slow and I can't export many visuals to powerpoint directly because it lacks on memory.

After investigation - the problem is RELATEDTABLE in DAX syntax - I was able to redo some mesures without relatedtable and it works just fine, but for some mesures I have different result, and old result with RELATEDTABLE is a right one.
So my question is there any general tip to get rid of RELATEDTABLE and make my dax more fluent.
Example of slow mesure: 

Base-TotalEng = 
CALCULATE(
[base-F2F]+
[base-Phone]+
[Base-S2S]+
[Base-event]+
[base-FUE]+
[Base-Remote]+
[base-NLADOBE]+
[base-Web]
,RELATEDTABLE('Target')
,RELATEDTABLE('Decision'))

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Can your problem resolve by @tamerj1 's suggestion? If so, would you mind accept his reply as solution? Then we are able to close the thread. More people who have the same requirement will find the solution quickly and benefit here. Thank you.

Additionally, please see if this blog helps: DAX: Data Modeling with RELATED & RELATEDTABLE

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

tamerj1
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Try using CROSSFILTER - BOTH instead of RELATEDTABLE for both tables

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors