Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

RANKX - skips one ranking when measure is below zero

Allright....-I've tried this community with a similar problem earlier, but unfortunately no matter what I try the RANKX allways seem to cause me some trouble. 

Can someone please help me ?

I have the following DAX:

msfugg_0-1611654703942.png

Pretty straight forward:

I want to rank some stores based on their performance vs. budget.

The "CURRENCY *100" part is put in to seperate all figures. Rankings get wrong without it (ref an earlier post).

The problems occur the moment some stores are behind budget - then the RANKX suddenly skips one ranking.

msfugg_1-1611655176161.png

I am pretty sure that ALLSELECTED is the only possibility - several other options is tried with no luck. 

4 REPLIES 4
AlB
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

hmmm

I'm afraid it will be quite hard to pinpoint what the issue is without access to the actual file

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll look into it, and see if it is possible to fix a file with Dummy-data that reproduces the error.

Thanks for your helpfullness of so far 🙂

AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you share the pbix? Or a pbix with dummy data that reproduces the issue?

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @AlB , but the pbix. contains to much sensitive information and is too big (almost 1G) for me to fill up with dummy data...

Are there any other things I can do, to make you understand the problem?

I can try to explain the content of the DAX?

* PBI_ORGANIZATION [STORE NAME]

From a table containing information about approx 100 stores in 5 different countries.

I have different filters on store selection (country, region etc), and ranking is only supposed to rank the stores filtered.

*[sales vs. BUD (%)]

A measure based on several underlying measures

Both budget and actuals are measures based on item detail level (categories vs EAN)

+ date-selection filter ("regular" PBI calander vs. predefined periods (MTD, WTD, YTD etc.))

Does this help you any?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors