Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sharpedogs
Advocate II
Advocate II

Putting a Time Value in slicer

I'm not sure if it's something simply i am overlooking but i can't seem to add a slicer to a simply time value.

Below is a sample of my data set. I want to add a slicer so i can show products purchased between 8am and 5pm. When i put the below Time data in a slicer it looks odd (12/30/1899)  (12/30/1899) as if it doesn't recognize the time as an actual time value. In PowerQ i've changed the type to Time, but then when i go to powerbi there is no icon beside the value. It's like i need to make another change to the column?

Product Date Time 
A

Feb 27

08:50:01 PM
BFeb 2709:10:05 PM
CFeb 2710:12:10 PM

3 REPLIES 3
vivran22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @sharpedogs 

In the slicer, use it as List or Dropdown

Slicer.PNG

Cheers!
Vivek

If it helps, please mark it as a solution
Kudos would be a cherry on the top 🙂

https://www.vivran.in/

Connect on LinkedIn

Hey Vivran, 

Using the drop down is sort of mybackup plan. But when you consider i get a new file dropped into the update folder every hour the dropdown box would get a little large, 24 drop downitems. The reson i was looking at a slider is so that the user could easily slide the time. If they wnated to see the CPU usage between 7am and 1pm. I guess they coudl simply click each box in the drop down.

The dropdown isn't terrible. I just think being able to do the slider would be a better user experience.    

@sharpedogs 

May I suggest to create an additional column for hour? You can use Power Query  or DAX for that and then use it as a slicer.

Cheers!
Vivek

If it helps, please mark it as a solution
Kudos would be a cherry on the top 🙂

https://www.vivran.in/

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors