Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Problem with Understanding AllSELECTED

Source Data : WideWorldImportersDW-Full.bak 

As ALLSELECTED clears the implicit filter for visual it is used in only and keep explicit filter coming from slicer or other visuals.

Running Total (AllSELECTED ) Of Quantity = CALCULATE([Total Sales Quantity],
FILTER( ALLSELECTED('Dimension Date'),
MAX('Dimension Date'[Date])>='Dimension Date'[Date]
)
)

Its hard to understand why below code related to ALLSELECTED in above expression is not re initiating running total for selected calendar year label

ALLSELECTED('Dimension Date'[Date])

It seems like specifying Dimension Date table only and specific column provide all Dimension Date range for selected calender year and hence re-initiating running total.

If that is the case then how can we re-instate running total while using Calendar year label as slicer.

Thanks,
Harry

2 REPLIES 2
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @HarsimranPWRBI ,

Try inserting a var and a return.  You need to capture that value outside of the CALCULATE. Also the test is less than or equal. You will have to put back in your table name and measure name.
Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

Running Total (AllSELECTED ) Of Quantity =
VAR _ddate =
    MAX ( 'Calendar'[Date] )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        [Total Quantity],
        FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( 'Calendar' ), 'Calendar'[Date] <= _ddate ) //Less than or equal to
    )

runtot.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @Nathaniel_C ,

Thanks for the reply but this one is same expression shared in post without variable.

To be more specific,  i'm looking for alternate for ALLSELECTED(table) with ALLSELECTED(<column>,..) that can help me achieve same result.

Just to add more info, i'm using Date hierarchy in Visual and CY label as slicer & while using below code for measure in visual does not re-initiate running total for selected CY

Running Total (AllSELECTED Date) Of Quantity = 
CALCULATE([Total Sales Quantity],
 FILTER( ALLSELECTED('Dimension Date'[Date])
        ,MAX('Dimension Date'[Date])>='Dimension Date'[Date] 
        )
)

Thanks,

Harry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors