Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Previous Value in Measure for Next Column in Matrix Table

Hi Experts,

I am finding an issue to get the result below. Attached is the data set.

Please help me. 

Attaching the .pbix file.

Invoiced Amount = Total Amount Based on Customer Number for the current Date and for future dates it should display Closing value of the previous date (As per the below screenshot)

puttaswamyrps_0-1604868460886.png

Please suggest any DAX changes are any modeling changes that need to be applied.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please someone help me on this data issue??

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , With help from date table, You can create measures liek example and in matrix you have use "Show on row"

example

This Day = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Date]=max('Date'[Date])))
Last Day = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Date]=max('Date'[Date])-1))
Last Day = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), previousday('Date'[Date]))

Day behind Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Day))

Show on row : https://www.burningsuit.co.uk/blog/2019/04/7-secrets-of-the-matrix-visual/

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :radacad sqlbi My Video Series Appreciate your Kudos.

Show on Row.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help me how to upload the .pbix file here?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors