cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
otravers Member

Position in drill-down hierarchy of a visual in the absence of row context?

I know how to use ISINSCOPE to establish where I'm at within a hierarchy in a matrix visual that has row context. However, in some visuals such as maps, there's no row context for ISINSCOPE to work. Is there any way I may I missed to know, say, whether I'm at the country/state/county level of a map visual? I need this to be able to do dynamic titles, measures etc.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Position in drill-down hierarchy of a visual in the absence of row context?

@otravers try HASONEFILTER function.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Datanaut! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

otravers Member

Re: Position in drill-down hierarchy of a visual in the absence of row context?

@parry2k thanks for your reply. HASONEFILTER does work for "Click to turn on Drill Down", as in the following example, which indeed is better than ISINSCOPE for my use case:

drill-down.png

However what I was really after is to capture where I'm at in the hierarchy after I've clicked on "Go to the next level in the hierarchy." I can see how my question was phrased ambiguously. The following example shows that the map is not generating a new filter context for HASONEFILTER to work against:

drill-down-next-level.png

(These screenshots are taken with the Mapbox custom visual but the default Map visual behaves similarly.)

So, to rephrase my inquiry, I'm looking for a way to capture in DAX the fact of going to the next level of a hierarchy without drilling down to a specific value of the parent hierarchy, for instance going to counties from states while still showing all states.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 131 members 1,824 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: