cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
otravers
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Position in drill-down hierarchy of a visual in the absence of row context?

I know how to use ISINSCOPE to establish where I'm at within a hierarchy in a matrix visual that has row context. However, in some visuals such as maps, there's no row context for ISINSCOPE to work. Is there any way I may I missed to know, say, whether I'm at the country/state/county level of a map visual? I need this to be able to do dynamic titles, measures etc.

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User III
Super User III

@otravers try HASONEFILTER function.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

otravers
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@parry2k thanks for your reply. HASONEFILTER does work for "Click to turn on Drill Down", as in the following example, which indeed is better than ISINSCOPE for my use case:

drill-down.png

However what I was really after is to capture where I'm at in the hierarchy after I've clicked on "Go to the next level in the hierarchy." I can see how my question was phrased ambiguously. The following example shows that the map is not generating a new filter context for HASONEFILTER to work against:

drill-down-next-level.png

(These screenshots are taken with the Mapbox custom visual but the default Map visual behaves similarly.)

So, to rephrase my inquiry, I'm looking for a way to capture in DAX the fact of going to the next level of a hierarchy without drilling down to a specific value of the parent hierarchy, for instance going to counties from states while still showing all states.

Hi @Pjotr 
I have exactly the same problem to solve.
Have you found a solution to the problem?
If so, can you share?

@otravers - were you ever able to figure out how to get this to work?

I am trying to get a dynamic title for a chart based on the level of a hierarchy that has been drilled down to. 

Any other method as ISINSCOPE doesn't seem to work for this. 

otravers
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

No, I never solved this and still would like to know. There's an "Apply drill down filter to" interaction option, but it doesn't address the scenario I outlined:

Controlling Power BI drill down with a few tricks - YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors