Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DDMatador
Regular Visitor

Payout Date Help

Howdy,

I am new to Power Bi and wanting to figure out how to determine a payout date. Hence the first [OUTDATE] when the Rolling CF is greater than 0. 

DDMatador_0-1678721644383.png

I have attempted this on my own with the following formula. I only want the first date that it is positive to appear (in this case 07/2023)

Payout Date = CALCULATEMIN( [OUTDATE] ), FILTER( [Payout Date_Filter] > ))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Okay, it should work. Here is another way.

Payout Date = MINX(FILTER(ALL('Mon-Forecasts'),'Mon-Forecasts'[Payout Date_Filter]=1),'Mon-Forecasts'[OUTDATE])

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
BrianConnelly
Resolver III
Resolver III

Here is the code you need, you almost have it.

Payout Out Measure:=CALCULATE( MIN( [OUTDATE] ), FILTER('Table1',Table1[Payout Filter]=1))

Doesnt appear to be working properly. Here is the return. 

DDMatador_0-1678730124304.png

DDMatador_1-1678730144095.png

Are you using a calculated column or a measure?  And by not working, can you explain what you are expecting as a result?

You could use 

Payout Out Measure:=CALCULATE( MIN( [OUTDATE] ), FILTER(ALL('Table1'),Table1[Payout Filter]=1))

Worked as a measure...

BrianConnelly_0-1678730588992.png

Outdate is a column, Rolling CF is a measure, Payout_Date_Filter is a measure, Payout Date is a measure. 

DDMatador_0-1678731239474.png

I am wanting the payout date card to display "7/2023"

Modifiy your code and use ALL function.

FILTER(ALL('Table1'),Table1[Payout Filter]=1))

DDMatador_0-1678731533143.png

Sorry I just realized I hadnt added that part. Here is what is generated now after updating. 

Payout Date = CALCULATE( MIN( 'Mon-Forecasts'[OUTDATE] ), FILTER(ALL('Mon-Forecasts'),'Mon-Forecasts'[Payout Date_Filter]=1))

Okay, it should work. Here is another way.

Payout Date = MINX(FILTER(ALL('Mon-Forecasts'),'Mon-Forecasts'[Payout Date_Filter]=1),'Mon-Forecasts'[OUTDATE])

Still not working, thank you for sticking it out haha. 

DDMatador_0-1678733232128.png

Not a problem. At this point, your going to need to show table structures and relationships.  Both these measures should have worked as I tested them with mock data as shown in my screenshot. 

Is your OutDate a text string or a Date?

BrianConnelly_0-1678733768922.png

It is a Date. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors