Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jvandyck
Helper IV
Helper IV

Parent-Child

Hi

I have report with alistbar to select a team

An indicator shows the open tasks for the team.

Each team belongs to a region.

I also want to show an indicator with the open tasks of all teams within the region of the team as selected in the listbar.

How can I do this?

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jvandyck , In this case, prefer the slicer is coming from an independent teams table( Not joined or not from teams column in the table)

Try measure like

measure =
var _region = summarize(filter(Table, Table[team]=selectedvalue(Table[team])), Table[region])
return
calculate(sum(Table[open tasks]), filter(Table, Table[region] in _region))

Hi

I have created a mock-up to explain my question. It is available in dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ia5ub6szgaimxpo/AAAseSDuewX4xczDMDAIXOkCa?dl=0 

Many thanks for your help!

I cannot get it working, so I would like to attach a mockup pbix file. How can I do that?

jvandyck
Helper IV
Helper IV

This is the structure....it is not parent-child in dax terminology...

RegionTeam
BruxellesBRUSSEL
Litigation and AdminADMIN
Litigation and AdminLITIGATION
OperationsOPERATIONS
VlaanderenWILRIJK 1
VlaanderenWILRIJK 2
VlaanderenWILRIJK 3
VlaanderenDRONGEN 1
VlaanderenDRONGEN 2
VlaanderenHASSELT
VlaanderenKORTRIJK
VlaanderenLEUVEN 1
VlaanderenLEUVEN 2
WallonieJAMBES
WallonieLIEGE
WallonieMONS

So on my report, I have a listbar populated with team. An indicator shows the open tasks for the selected team.

Now I want to add a measure not only showing the open tasks for the selected team, but for all teams within the region.

So if I select Mons in the listbar, I want to show the open tasks for Mons, Liege and Jambes.

I hope this clarifies what I want to achieve....

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jvandyck , Task should rollup.

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

CNENFRNL
Community Champion
Community Champion

@jvandyck , not enough info for a quick solution; but you might want to refer to this document concerning such a Parent-Child question.

Thanks to the great efforts by MS engineers to simplify syntax of DAX! Most beginners are SUCCESSFULLY MISLED to think that they could easily master DAX; but it turns out that the intricacy of the most frequently used RANKX() is still way beyond their comprehension!

DAX is simple, but NOT EASY!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors