Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ÒScar
Frequent Visitor

PREVIOUSMONTH doesn´t work...

Hi everyone.

I have a tiny but mess problem with

I have a tiny but mess problem with this simple measure: I got two tables, one with monthly costs of a budget

Scar_0-1632914614257.png

and a table data.

Scar_1-1632914646980.png

I only want to make an easy measure in order to obtain the costs of the previous month:

PREVIOUS MONTH 2021 = CALCULATE((CALCULATE(SUM('Matriz'[Total]), Matriz[Year]="2021", Matriz[Origen]="Cuenta de resultados")), PREVIOUSMONTH(Calendario[Date]))

It actually is not working so far.

Can you help me with it?

Thanks in advance.

Best

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ÒScar , You should not add filters for year and month. In case you need a filter use a slicer from date table 

Assuming year filter related to date of date table

PREVIOUS MONTH 2021 = CALCULATE(SUM('Matriz'[Total]), filter(Matriz, Matriz[Origen]="Cuenta de resultados"), PREVIOUSMONTH(Calendario[Date]))

refer

Why Time Intelligence Fails - Power bi 5 Savior Steps for TI: https://youtu.be/OBf0rjpp5Hw

Hi @amitchandak ,

first of all, thank you so much for your quick response.

I share with you a screenshot of my dashboard once I have followed your advice, I´m afraid it still doesn´t work...

Could you take a look on it, please?

Thank you once again, @amitchandak ,

Scar_0-1632921488592.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors