Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Outlier Detection Logic shows duplicated values

Hello,

I'm trying to identify the outliers in a coworker's table. The table contains the number of calls a coworker accepted and the time he spent on the call (Handling time). I followed this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoglNZ2dXW8&t=22s&ab_channel=EnterpriseDNA and built my Outlier Detection Logic. I defined my outlier criteria in there.

The problem is, once I add the scatter plot all coworkers appear as non-outliers and outliers at the same time, I created a table to see what's happening and I also saw the coworkers duplicated as outliers and non-outliers. 

fig 1.PNG

I've created a sample of the project, the PBXI sample data can be found here:

https://we.tl/t-qsilTM42sN

Any help or tips would be highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

You have duplicated value because no relationship can be created between the tables, since you used columns in both tables, power bi cannot determine which group does measure value belong. 

Since you already found the outlier value 189 in this case, you can just create a new grouping column in the Coworker table, and use this new grouping as the legend and slicer.

New Grouping = IF(CALCULATE(SUM([Accepted]),ALLEXCEPT(Coworker,Coworker[Employee ID]))<189,"Outlier","Non-Outlier")
Vpazhenmsft_2-1635230169883.png

Vpazhenmsft_3-1635230187164.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

You have duplicated value because no relationship can be created between the tables, since you used columns in both tables, power bi cannot determine which group does measure value belong. 

Since you already found the outlier value 189 in this case, you can just create a new grouping column in the Coworker table, and use this new grouping as the legend and slicer.

New Grouping = IF(CALCULATE(SUM([Accepted]),ALLEXCEPT(Coworker,Coworker[Employee ID]))<189,"Outlier","Non-Outlier")
Vpazhenmsft_2-1635230169883.png

Vpazhenmsft_3-1635230187164.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors