Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

New column flag for all customers who are in debt

Hi Experts,

I would like help on creating a column or flag to get all customers who are in debt

So if a customers Sum(Sales) < 0 then "In Debt" "Not in Debt"

I would like to filter customers to see this. Is this possible?

Aaron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You could use the below. Create a New Table with the below DAX.

New_Summary_Table:= ADDCOLUMNS(SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(Table[Groupby_Column1],"Sum Value", SUM(Aggregation_Column)),"Debt/Not Debted",IF([Sum Value]<0,"Debt","No Debt"))

Best Regards,
Vignesh M

If what I suggested worked for you feel free to Drop a "Kudos" and Consider to "Accept as Solution" if I solved your Issue 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I assume you already have the SUM() as a column in your existing Table. If that is the case, You can do this using an IF Statement.

Indebted/ Unobligated (New Column) :=IF(Table[Sum_Column]<0,"Indebted","Unobligated" )

If you don't have Sum() as a Column in your existing Table, then You can use SUMMARIZECOLUMNS() Function to calculate the sum for his requirment.

Best Regards,
Vignesh M

If what I suggested worked for you feel free to Drop a "Kudos" and Consider to "Accept as Solution" if I solved your Issue 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vignesh,

Please could you talk me through the summarized columns formula. I have tried but its not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You could use the below. Create a New Table with the below DAX.

New_Summary_Table:= ADDCOLUMNS(SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(Table[Groupby_Column1],"Sum Value", SUM(Aggregation_Column)),"Debt/Not Debted",IF([Sum Value]<0,"Debt","No Debt"))

Best Regards,
Vignesh M

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors