Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

akhaliq7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Need to filter a table and currently only have a measure in my table visual

In my sales table I created a percentage measure that can give me the percantage of sales for each category the code is below:

% = 
VAR total_count = 
CALCULATE ( SUM ( Sales[Units] ) , ALL ( Sales[Product Category] ), ALL ( Sales[Sold Date] ), ALL ( Sales[Delivered Date] ) )
RETURN 
    (DIVIDE(SUM(Sales[Units]),total_count)) * 100

Next step was to display all my columns in a table with the % field

e.g.

product categoryunits%latest sold_datelatest delivered_date
mobile phones1016.6719/01/202201/02/2022
televisions58.3319/01/202202/02/2022
desktop computers152521/01/202201/02/2022
laptops2033.3320/01/202203/03/2022
games consoles1016.6722/01/202204/02/2022

Next I want to filter the above to show only those product categories where % > 10%. How would I be able to achieve this?

UPDATE: Have solved how to do the above you just use the measure in the filter pane, but have another requirement whereby need to have an others group for % under 10% so if someone can show me how to do this I have seen other examples and it looks like may need a calculated table. I know the above example only shows one category under 10% but the above is only dummy data.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AilleryO
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi,

Not sure to understand 100% your needs, but here is my guess :

As you will get mutiple results you should create a table, or concatenate the results...

Solution 1 : very simple, once you have your % in your table use filter panel to get value above 0.1 ie 10%
Solution 2 : create a table (using button new table) and using this formula will give you expected results) :

Table = 
VAR CA_AllFAM = CALCULATE([TotalUnits] , ALL(Articles[Family]) )
VAR TableFamily = ADDCOLUMNS( SUMMARIZE( Products, Products[Family]),  "Part_FAM" ,
 DIVIDE (  [TotalUnits] , CA_AllFAM ) )
RETURN
FILTER( TableFamily, [Part_FAM]>0.1 )
Solution 3 : Use above solution to create a virtual table in a VAR, and do some actions to deal with multiple results (concatenate, min, max...).

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AilleryO
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi,

Not sure to understand 100% your needs, but here is my guess :

As you will get mutiple results you should create a table, or concatenate the results...

Solution 1 : very simple, once you have your % in your table use filter panel to get value above 0.1 ie 10%
Solution 2 : create a table (using button new table) and using this formula will give you expected results) :

Table = 
VAR CA_AllFAM = CALCULATE([TotalUnits] , ALL(Articles[Family]) )
VAR TableFamily = ADDCOLUMNS( SUMMARIZE( Products, Products[Family]),  "Part_FAM" ,
 DIVIDE (  [TotalUnits] , CA_AllFAM ) )
RETURN
FILTER( TableFamily, [Part_FAM]>0.1 )
Solution 3 : Use above solution to create a virtual table in a VAR, and do some actions to deal with multiple results (concatenate, min, max...).

Hope it helps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors