Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Hi, I am having trouble understanding why my formula is returning incorrect value for Q3 2019 only. 

The formula is the following:

ReturnRateSamePeriodLY = CALCULATE([TotalNetUnits]/[TotalDeliveredNetUnits]| SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Time'[PK_Date]))

I broke the numbers down by month and the numbers seem correct, but when it tries to aggregate the values by quarter, the value for Q3 2019 is incorrect. Same QTR PY Return rate in the smaller table should have a value of 0.55% not 0.71%. 

Appreciate any clarification on this! 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah... We are also having trouble understanding your figures. Maybe because we don't know the model?

Best
Darek
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! The small table "QTR on QTR Return/Exchange Rate Variance" I am showing the return rate for Quality only, for the current quarter and corresponding quarter in the previous year. In the table above, you can see that the value for Q3 2019 for Quality is 0.56% and value for Q3 2018 for Quality is 0.55%, but in the "QTR on QTR Return/Exchange Rate Variance" the value is showing 0.71% instead of 0.55%. 

To compute the return rate "Same QTR PY (previous year) Return Rate", I am using the formula shown in the original post.  

Capture2.PNG

When I break down the values by month, the return value seems to be correct, however, when I try to show in on the quarterly level in the "QTR on QTR Return/Exchange Rate Variance" table, the value is not aggregating correctly.

Capture.PNG

As you can see in the above table, the values per month for the month and the same month in the previous year are correct. 

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors