Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gottapu
Frequent Visitor

Need help with DAX calculation

I am new to Power BI and need help with DAX calculation. I have following fields (till Paid Amount) in my report and I am trying to calculate Employee FTE field. Value should be calculated based on Assignment FTE (2 distinct Assignments and so it be .25+.75=1 FTE for Employee 1 and .5 for Employee 2). Seems straight forward but I am unable to get it correct. Appreciate any help.

gottapu_0-1601072756958.png

Thanks,

-Raj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gottapu
Frequent Visitor

I was able to find similar question asked and able to get the calculation working. 

Below calc helped me.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Sum-duplicate-data-only-once-per-date-measure...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gottapu
Frequent Visitor

I was able to find similar question asked and able to get the calculation working. 

Below calc helped me.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Sum-duplicate-data-only-once-per-date-measure...

I am able to calculate accurate values by creating 2 tables but I have few other columns that I need to do the same. Is there a way that I can just include all this in a new column or measure instead of creating 2 tables?

Here is what I did so far:

Creating AssignmentFTE Table

AssignmentFTETable=summarize(EmployeeTable,EmployeeNumber,AssignmentNumber,AssignmentFTE)

image.png

I then created another EmployeeFTE table:

EmployeeFTETable=summarize(AssignmentFTETable,EmployeeNumber,"EmployeeFTE",sum(AssignmentFTE)

image.png

EmployeeFTE is correctly calculated but is there a way I can do all this without creating tables i.e just placing all this logic in a new column? Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

-Raj

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors