Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Prash1283
Frequent Visitor

Need help on below scenario

I got data having 2 columns (Product and Age) as below and calculate valid event for each product as shown in "Valid event".
I have tried "Earlier"  & Ranking function but could not able get to the full result. Please share your thoughts.

ProductRankAgeValid event 
A101Default valid event
A291>= 6 gap from first valid event
A310  
A412  
A5161>= 6 gap from second valid event
A619  
A7221>= 6 gap from Third valid event
A8291>= 6 gap from forth valid event
A930  
A10361>= 6 gap from five valid event
B101Default valid event
B21  
B32  
B44  
B561>= 6 gap from first valid event
B68  
B7251>= 6 gap from second valid event
2 REPLIES 2
ERD
Super User
Super User

Hi @Prash1283 ,

What makes an event a default one? Age = 0? Do you have dates?

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution ✔️to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Appreciate your Kudos.

Check out my latest demo report in the data story gallery.

Stand with Ukraine!

Here are official ways you can support Ukraine financially (accounts with multiple currencies):
1) Support the Armed Forces of Ukraine: https://bank.gov.ua/ua/about/support-the-armed-forces
2) Come Back Alive foundation: https://www.comebackalive.in.ua/

Thank you!

Prash1283
Frequent Visitor

Hi ERD

Very first event/age=0/rank=1 all these criteria makes default event. Each event valid event counted as 1.

Using earlier function/ Variable able to identify  >=6 age.  but in some cases like below 16 is valid event and next 22 is valid event but in power bi I could not able to figure how to conditionly earlier valid record with current if corrent row didn't satisfy the >=6 condition.

Prash1283_0-1633425640124.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors