Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Shashanth
Frequent Visitor

Need help on a Measure

Hi All,

I am trying to get the Product_id_count with a few filters. But which ever method I try, I am not able to get it.

I have 2 summarized tables ; calculated_Product_rating_table and calculated_service_rating_table. Both are are tables from a main table in the direct query mode.
It is only these 2 tables that are summarized which is causing the storage mode to be Mixed(not sure if this info makes any difference to the answer, but just mentioning it for better clarity). The common field is product_id.

My requirement is to get the distinct count of product_id's

where 

(calculated_Product_rating_table[Overall_Approval__Rate>60%]=TRUE

or

calculated_Product_rating_table[TV_Approval__Rate>50%]=TRUE

or

calculated_service_rating_table[TV Repeat >= 150%])=TRUE

or

calculated_service_rating_table[Overall Repeat >= 300%])=TRUE)

I tried the below formulas but none of them worked, all gave me one or the other error. Hence asking you for help.

product_id_count = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNTNOBLANK(calculated_Product_rating_table[product_id]),OR(or(calculated_Product_rating_table[Overall_Approval__Rate>60%]=TRUE,calculated_Product_rating_table[TV_Approval__Rate>50%]=TRUE),or(LOOKUPVALUE(calculated_service_rating_table[Overall Repeat >= 300%],calculated_Product_rating_table[product_id],calculated_service_rating_table[product_id])=TRUE,LOOKUPVALUE(calculated_service_rating_table[TV Repeat >= 150%],calculated_Product_rating_table[product_id],calculated_service_rating_table[product_id])=TRUE)))

product_id_count = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNTNOBLANK(calculated_Product_rating_table[product_id]),or(or(calculated_Product_rating_table[Overall_Approval__Rate>60%]=TRUE,calculated_Product_rating_table[TV_Approval__Rate>50%]=TRUE),(or(related(calculated_service_rating_table[TV Repeat >= 150%])=TRUE,related(calculated_service_rating_table[Overall Repeat >= 300%])=TRUE))))

product_id_count =
CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNTNOBLANK(calculated_Product_rating_table[product_id]),or((FILTER(calculated_Product_rating_table,or(calculated_Product_rating_table[Overall_Approval__Rate>60%]=TRUE,calculated_Product_rating_table[TV_Approval__Rate>50%]=TRUE))),(FILTER(calculated_service_rating_table,or(calculated_service_rating_table[TV Repeat >= 150%]=TRUE,calculated_service_rating_table[Overall Repeat >= 300%]=TRUE)))))

product_id_count =
CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNTNOBLANK(calculated_Product_rating_table[product_id]),
or(calculated_Product_rating_table[Overall_Approval__Rate>60%]=TRUE,or(calculated_Product_rating_table[TV_Approval__Rate>50%]=TRUE,or(calculated_service_rating_table[TV Repeat >= 150%]=true,calculated_service_rating_table[Overall Repeat >= 300%]=true))))

Shashanth_1-1623145635252.png

Regards

-Shashanth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Shashanth
Frequent Visitor

Guys, I was able to find a solution. A collegue of mine helped me.

Basically we created an other table WITHOUT USING SUMMARIZE(I did not know this was possible/allowed)

Final_Table = DISTINCT(calculated_Product_rating_table[product_id])

and added all the columns that I wanted to add a filter on,

[Overall Repeat___rate >= 300%] = LOOKUPVALUE(calculated_service_rating_table[Overall Repeat >= 300%],calculated_Product_rating_table[product_id],Final_Table[product_id])

Overall_Approval___Rate>60% = LOOKUPVALUE(calculated_Product_rating_table[Overall_Approval__Rate>60%],calculated_Product_rating_table[product_id],Final_Table[product_id])

[TV Repeat___rate >= 150%] = LOOKUPVALUE(calculated_service_rating_table[TV Repeat >= 150%],calculated_Product_rating_table[product_id],Final_Table[product_id])

TV_Approval___Rate>50% = LOOKUPVALUE(calculated_Product_rating_table[TV_Approval__Rate>50%],calculated_Product_rating_table[product_id],Final_Table[product_id])

And finally created a column with an OR function, that I finally wanted

Required product_id's = or(Final_Table[Overall Repeat___rate >= 300%]=true,or(Final_Table[TV_Approval___Rate>50%]=true,or(Final_Table[Overall Repeat___rate >= 300%]=true,Final_Table[TV Repeat___rate >= 150%]=true)))

and created a measure on it

product_id_count = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Final_Table[product_id]),Final_Table[Required FSN's]=true)

Shashanth_0-1623239186520.png

Thanks to him. FInally I was able to do it.

Regards
-Shashanth

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shashanth
Frequent Visitor

Guys, I was able to find a solution. A collegue of mine helped me.

Basically we created an other table WITHOUT USING SUMMARIZE(I did not know this was possible/allowed)

Final_Table = DISTINCT(calculated_Product_rating_table[product_id])

and added all the columns that I wanted to add a filter on,

[Overall Repeat___rate >= 300%] = LOOKUPVALUE(calculated_service_rating_table[Overall Repeat >= 300%],calculated_Product_rating_table[product_id],Final_Table[product_id])

Overall_Approval___Rate>60% = LOOKUPVALUE(calculated_Product_rating_table[Overall_Approval__Rate>60%],calculated_Product_rating_table[product_id],Final_Table[product_id])

[TV Repeat___rate >= 150%] = LOOKUPVALUE(calculated_service_rating_table[TV Repeat >= 150%],calculated_Product_rating_table[product_id],Final_Table[product_id])

TV_Approval___Rate>50% = LOOKUPVALUE(calculated_Product_rating_table[TV_Approval__Rate>50%],calculated_Product_rating_table[product_id],Final_Table[product_id])

And finally created a column with an OR function, that I finally wanted

Required product_id's = or(Final_Table[Overall Repeat___rate >= 300%]=true,or(Final_Table[TV_Approval___Rate>50%]=true,or(Final_Table[Overall Repeat___rate >= 300%]=true,Final_Table[TV Repeat___rate >= 150%]=true)))

and created a measure on it

product_id_count = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Final_Table[product_id]),Final_Table[Required FSN's]=true)

Shashanth_0-1623239186520.png

Thanks to him. FInally I was able to do it.

Regards
-Shashanth
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Shashanth , Try like

product_id_count = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNTNOBLANK(calculated_Product_rating_table[product_id]),filter(values(calculated_Product_rating_table[product_id]), OR(or(calculated_Product_rating_table[Overall_Approval__Rate>60%]=TRUE,calculated_Product_rating_table[TV_Approval__Rate>50%]=TRUE),or(LOOKUPVALUE(calculated_service_rating_table[Overall Repeat >= 300%],calculated_Product_rating_table[product_id],calculated_service_rating_table[product_id])=TRUE,LOOKUPVALUE(calculated_service_rating_table[TV Repeat >= 150%],calculated_Product_rating_table[product_id],calculated_service_rating_table[product_id])=TRUE))))

or

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Hi Amit,

Thanx for your response.

I am not able to get this working.

Shashanth_0-1623157327673.png

Still not sure what the error is.

And wrt sharing a sample file, I am not able to do it since it is a direct query mode to the servers with lot of data.

Is there any ther solution that you can help me out with?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors