Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krishna1kumar Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Need help for a visualization and associated data model

Hi all,

I am currently working on a time series data with the following structure:

Timestamp - ID - EVENT-TYPE

EVENT-TYPE is a column used to track entries and exits and is mapped to a column with +1/-1 as values, with +1 for entry and -1 for exit. Timestamps are Hourly, Non-Unique and Irregular (There can be multiple entries and exits in an hour, and no timestamps for time periods with zero footfall, usually on weekends and during night time)

I am currently using a cumulative sum measure on this EVENT-TYPE column to visualize the total occupancy at any given time,and it's working fine.

But I also want to allow my users to select any subset of the ID's and shift their in/out times by a certain amount and then see what impact it has on the overall occupancy. I am at my wit's end on how to figure this out, especially as I am not that experienced with the whole DAX/M/PowerBI ecosystem and am really struggling on how to do this.

I would really appreciate if someone could show me how to do this in PowerBI.

Please also let me know If I have missed any crucial details, or If I am asking this in the wrong section.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Need help for a visualization and associated data model

Please be more specific. I'd like to see your data model and some sample data. Also, please fake the report you'd like to see with the desired output. Then I might be able to help 🙂

Best
D.
Highlighted
krishna1kumar Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Need help for a visualization and associated data model

@darlove, thanks for replying!

I made a graphical description for the problem, i hope it explains it better.

description.png

please let me know if it needs more clarifications or details!

regards,

Krishna

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 53 members 912 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: