cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help understand the logic of this DAX (will provide context)

Hi all,

I'm looking at someone else's project/dax right now and want to clarify this here: 

Hours Saved = SUMX(QueueDB, RELATED(queuesROI[timeValueMin]))/60

It's being used as a measure to Calculate the hours saved between Robots doing tasks vs. the Process Baselines (how long it takes person which is queuesROI[timeValueMin] - The dividing by 60 is to turn minutes into hours. 

I just don't understand what's being summed. I would assume we'd be summing the transaction execution time, but after referencing the table, it doesn't show a column being summed?

If anyone could dumb this down for me, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your measure does exactly what this measure does:

[Hours Saved] =
calculate(
	sum( queuesROI[timeValueMin] ) / 60,
	crossfilter(
		// KeyTo_queuesROI and Key are fields
		// on which the tables join to each
		// other.
		QueueDB[KeyTo_queuesROI],
		queuesROI[Key],
		BOTH
	)
)

Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I do not know how your data model looks like, but the concept of the measure that you showed is showing the calculation of the below. I might simplified too much but please share your sample pbix file, then I can try to look into it to come up with more relevant explanation.

Picture1.png

Link to the sample pbix file 

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel_PBI_Wave1

2023 Release Wave 1 Plans

Power BI release plans for 2023 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2023 through September 2023.

Power BI Summit Carousel 2

Global Power BI Training

Make sure you register today for the Power BI Summit 2023. Don't miss all of the great sessions and speakers!

Thank you 2022 Review

2022 Monthly Feature Releases

We had a great 2022 with a ton of feature releases to help you drive a data culture.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors