Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help - Average a new measure

C2957EE5-06A3-4271-BF9F-CDD61C110B42.jpeg

02F75932-64B8-4740-9767-C050E3A18AB9.jpeg

Hi All,

I am trying to average a new measure in a card but struggling. The card is only reading a total amount and giving no option to go to an average. Attached are some photos.

Any help is much appreciated. 

7 REPLIES 7
VahidDM
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

You can not add a measure to the card and change the aggregation to the Average. You need to write a new measure and use that in that card.

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos 🙏!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Vahid.

So I need to write a new measure that averages the values I want to put in the card? How would that look based on the formular in the screenshot I sent??

Hi @Anonymous 

It's hard to say with those screenshots 😅

Can you share a sample of your data in a table format? (Use those links @edhans mentioned in his reply below to get your answer faster)

Appreciate your Kudos ✌️!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vahid,

Attached is a sample of the data. https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/j4y73gb524rt0kahp04n9/Book1.xlsx?dl=0&rlkey=hshwg4e8kdk9awlb1hz81yit1 

The measure forumla is in the screenshot above with the oputputs in the table. so for exampl Game  TD% presneted in the table is correct. I then want the card to read an average value of Game TD % for all the participants in that table for that day and that group. At the moment the card is reading as a total % so all the values for Game TD% together.

Is there a relationship between tables? Can you share a sample of your power bi desktop file here?

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you got a private email??

edhans
Super User
Super User

How to get good help fast. Help us help you.

How To Ask A Technical Question If you Really Want An Answer

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Give us a good and concise explanation
How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Provide data in a table format per the link, or share an Excel/CSV file via OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.. Provide expected output using a screenshot of Excel or other image. Do not provide a screenshot of the source data. I cannot paste an image into Power BI tables.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors