cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

NaN error message

Hello to all,

I am pretty much new to Power BI and loving it! I'm still getting used to the Power BI terminology so please bare with me.

This is my Dax formula and I'm getting some "NaN" results. I would like to change this to "0". Could someone please help me?

PPM Externe Médical % Variance = (CALCULATE(sum('Quality (Actuel)'[External PPM - Medical Actuel]) - (sum('Quality (Planifié)'[External PPM - Medical Planifié])))) / (CALCULATE(sum('Quality (Planifié)'[External PPM - Medical Planifié])))

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: NaN error message

Your formula gave me a DAX error. Figured it out to this. Thanks very much for the help!

PPM Externe Médical % Variance = DIVIDE((CALCULATE(SUM('Quality (Actuel)'[External PPM - Medical Actuel])-(SUM('Quality (Planifié)'[External PPM - Medical Planifié]))));(SUM('Quality (Planifié)'[External PPM - Medical Planifié]));0)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User VI
Super User VI

Hi @PlastiquesMoore 

use DIVIDE() function, like 

PPM Externe Médical % Variance = DIVIDE(
CALCULATE(sum('Quality (Actuel)'[External PPM - Medical Actuel]) - (sum('Quality (Planifié)'[External PPM - Medical Planifié]))))
CALCULATE(sum('Quality (Planifié)'[External PPM - Medical Planifié]))
)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/divide-function-dax here is some details. you can replace 0 at the end to any value you wish to see instead of NaN

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Your formula gave me a DAX error. Figured it out to this. Thanks very much for the help!

PPM Externe Médical % Variance = DIVIDE((CALCULATE(SUM('Quality (Actuel)'[External PPM - Medical Actuel])-(SUM('Quality (Planifié)'[External PPM - Medical Planifié]))));(SUM('Quality (Planifié)'[External PPM - Medical Planifié]));0)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Write the same dax which you have written in original post by using divide function and add zero as third parameter.
Divide(numerator, denominator,0)
Make sure you have closed parenthesis correctly.
You issue will get resolved.

Thanks
Pravin.
Highlighted
Super User VI
Super User VI

@PlastiquesMoore 

now its ok? or try this

PPM Externe Médical % Variance = 
DIVIDE(
(
CALCULATE(SUM('Quality (Actuel)'[External PPM - Medical Actuel]))
-
SUM('Quality (Planifié)'[External PPM - Medical Planifié])
);
SUM('Quality (Planifié)'[External PPM - Medical Planifié]);
)

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements

August Community Highlights

Check out a full recap of the month!

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors