Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

radar
Frequent Visitor

Multiple tables lookup with multiple column filters by value

Hi Friends - I'm having trouble solving this and would greatly appreciate your help:

I have two tables with many columns: using sample fake data for easiness. Table1 has project details, Table2 has approval detials. I want to get a count (with drilldown to see details) of projects that have all required approvals, projects with 1 missing approval, projects with 2 misisng approvals, projects with no approval.

Table1:                                                         

ProjectNameDepartment
AName1Dep1
BName2Dep2
CName3Dep3
DName4Dep1

Table2:

ProjectSigned ByProcess
ATechImplementation
ABusinessImplementation
AQualityInitiation
BTechImplementation
BBusinessInitiation
BQualityInitiation
BTechInitiation
BBusinessInitiation
BBusinessClose
CTechInitiation
CBusinessImplementation

So, looking to get something like this:

Total ProjectsProjects with 1 approval missingProjects with 2 approvals missingProjects with 3 approvals missing
#   

with drilldown to see details and also add slicers for Department and other required columns. Please help

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You don't indicate how to identify "approval" in your data. Is it "Implementation"?

Generally you create measures in DAX that calculate these data points per your rules, taking filters into account.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors