Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NilR
Post Patron
Post Patron

Multiple Conditional Formatting with diff Data Formats

I need help on Conditional Formatting!
I have a measure with multiple Data formats Such as ( Number, Currency, and Percent) . I would like to setup conditional formating to show any value negative in Red and Any value >= 0 in Green.

However, at the bottom you can see that My First Number that is not Currency "0,00" and the Last one is Percent "0.00%" they stayed black . Is there any way to change those numbers  into Red  if they are Negative or Green if >=1 ?

Financial Variance = IFERROR(SWITCH(TRUE(),
SELECTEDVALUE('III - Financial Metrics'[Financial Metrics])="Member Months", FORMAT([Member Months]-[Member Months_ALL_BVS],"0,00"),
SELECTEDVALUE('III - Financial Metrics'[Financial Metrics])="PMPM", [PMPM]-[PMPM_ALL_BVS],
SELECTEDVALUE('III - Financial Metrics'[Financial Metrics])="PEPM", [PEPM]-[PEPM_ALL_BVS],
SELECTEDVALUE('III - Financial Metrics'[Financial Metrics])="Revenue", [Premium (Revenue)] -[Premium_ALL_BVS],
SELECTEDVALUE('III - Financial Metrics'[Financial Metrics])="Pricing Policy", FIXED(0,"Standard"),
SELECTEDVALUE('III - Financial Metrics'[Financial Metrics])="Medical Claims", [MEDICAL CLAIMS] - [MEDICAL_CLAIMS_ALL_BVS],
SELECTEDVALUE('III - Financial Metrics'[Financial Metrics])="Pharmacy Claims", [RX CLAIMS] - [RX_CLAIMS_ALL_BVS],
SELECTEDVALUE('III - Financial Metrics'[Financial Metrics])="MLR", FORMAT([MLR] - [MLR_ALL_BVS] ,"0.00%"),
SELECTEDVALUE('III - Financial Metrics'[Financial Metrics])="Capitation", [TOTAL_CAP] - [TOTAL_CAP_ALL_BVS],0),0)

NilR_0-1646976574214.png

My Conditional Formatting:

NilR_2-1646976920717.png

My result:

NilR_1-1646976813735.png

Desired Result:

Untitled.png
Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @NilR ;

I found the type of Financial Variance is text because here use FORMAT().

so if coniditonal format is rules, may be cause error. I think you could create other measure as Color based on a calculation.

Such as:

Measure = IF(CONTAINSSTRING([Financial Variance],"%"),"Green",IF([Financial Variance]=0,"Black","Red"))

vyalanwumsft_0-1647325580334.png

The final output is shown below:

vyalanwumsft_1-1647325607182.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-conditional-table-formatting

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @NilR ;

I found the type of Financial Variance is text because here use FORMAT().

so if coniditonal format is rules, may be cause error. I think you could create other measure as Color based on a calculation.

Such as:

Measure = IF(CONTAINSSTRING([Financial Variance],"%"),"Green",IF([Financial Variance]=0,"Black","Red"))

vyalanwumsft_0-1647325580334.png

The final output is shown below:

vyalanwumsft_1-1647325607182.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-conditional-table-formatting

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you very much! 🙂

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@NilR , The last Percent , should be number

Also you can try color measure

How to do conditional formatting by measure and apply it on pie? : https://youtu.be/RqBb5eBf_I4

I am not coloring my metrics, I want to color them if it is negative then turn RED or if it is positive Then Green.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors