Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jrivera43
Frequent Visitor

Multi-row Aggregations in DAX

Does anyone know how to create multi-row aggregations like this in DAX? I need to get a subcategory under the main category like the image below. I need to create a virtual table first to create a measure from. Any help would be appreciated.

jrivera43_0-1621124516994.png

4 REPLIES 4
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @jrivera43 

I do not know well how your data model looks like. But I tried to create the below sample pbix file based on the explanation.

I suggest having dim table like below.

please check the below picture and the sample pbix file's link down below.

All measures are in the sample pbix file.

Picture2.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pkq9eo4oral5wei/jrivera.pbix?dl=0 

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

Twitter: twitter.com/Jihwan_JHKIM

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Thanks Jiwan,

Can you show me what the DAX would look like to create a virtual table using the same structure as the ones shown?

Hi, @jrivera43 

Thank you for your feedback.

Sorry that I quite do not understand your question.

Do you want to write an incomplete measure? And may I ask what is it for?

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

I would like to create a flag measure. The flag measure needs to show whether the calculation is over or under a certain amount. Using something similar to the example:

jrivera43_2-1621254155701.png

Ultimately I want to get to this:

jrivera43_3-1621254267179.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors