Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mulitple duplicates, need sum of total, not line by line.

Hi, I need help! I'm trying to return the value for where there are costs, but no revenues.

But I have multiple duplicate sales orders.

So when I use a =calculate(sum(cost of sales), net revenues=0).  I get the result form sales order 1 below as well as sales order 2. I only want the results from sales order 2, where revenue in both instances is 0. 

I don't want to aggregate (group) the data in power query because I need other line item details.

Sales Order ID    Net Revenue     Total Costs

Totals  
Sales Order IDNet RevenueTotal Costs
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try something like:

CostWhereRevenue0 = SUMX(SUMMARIZE('Table', [Sales Order ID], "Cost", IF (SUM('Table'[Net Revenue]) = 0, SUM('Table'[Total Costs]))), [Cost])

It will group the data by Sales Order ID (that's what summarize does) and then check if net revenue is 0 for each row. If so it sums the cost.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try something like:

CostWhereRevenue0 = SUMX(SUMMARIZE('Table', [Sales Order ID], "Cost", IF (SUM('Table'[Net Revenue]) = 0, SUM('Table'[Total Costs]))), [Cost])

It will group the data by Sales Order ID (that's what summarize does) and then check if net revenue is 0 for each row. If so it sums the cost.
Anonymous
Not applicable

THANK YOU!! This is awesome! What a beautiful quick way to find get the solution!! Love this!

I didn't realize that you had to wrap the summarize function in a sumx, and that you could reference the summarize virtual table in this! How cool!!

Thanks!!

JustJan
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

hi @Anonymous ,

I think you can use something like this:

SalesOrderIDsWithoutRevenue = 
var currentSalesOrder = min(data[SalesOrder])
var rowsWithRevenue = CALCULATE ( -- find all rows with revenue for SalesOrderId
COUNTROWS(data),
all(data),
data[SalesOrder] = currentSalesOrder,
data[Net Revenue] > 0
)
var x = CALCULATE(
sum(data[Total Costs]),
all(data),
'data'[SalesOrder] = currentSalesOrder
)
return
if (rowsWithRevenue=0,x) -- Only show a value when there are no revenues against the SalesOrderID

This will not show a value for SalesOrderId 1.

Jan 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jan, 

Thanks for taking the time to answer me!! I think your solution is probably genius! If only I understood it 🙂 

I'm using PowerPivot in Excel. So I tried to translate your solution. I made three formulas as follows: 

Current Sales Order=min('Data'[Sales Order ID])

Rows with Revenue=CALCULATE(countrows('Data'),all('Data'),'Data'[Sales Order ID]=[Current Sales Order])

Rev grouped by Sales Order=if([Rows with Revenue]=0,CALCULATE([Total Costs],all('Data'),'Data'[Sales Order ID]=[Current Sales Order]))

The last two formulas have the following error: A function 'CALCULATE' has been used in a True/False expression that is used as a table filter expression. This is not allowed.'.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors