Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ksoukup
Helper I
Helper I

Monthly Values with YTD Running Total for Multiple Years

Hello,

This one is proving to be quite difficult! I am trying to show monthly weights for a three-year period, and would like a YTD running total line for each of the years on a secondary axis. I know I can do these as separate measures, but then the colors of the column and line will not match up, making it very confusing to look at.

Is there any way to accomplish this??

Below is the DAX I'm using for the Weight YTD line in the image, which is cumulating just the 2022 sales by month. The ideal outcome would be three separate YTD lines that color correspond to the same year in the column values.

Weight YTD =
CALCULATE(
    [Total Weight],
    DATESYTD('Dates Table'[Date],"31/12")
)

ksoukup_0-1675279874851.png

Thanks for looking.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ksoukup , In standard combo viusal,  line will not use legned

You may need additional measures like

Last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year),"12/31"))

2nd Last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-2,Year),"12/31"))

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ksoukup , In standard combo viusal,  line will not use legned

You may need additional measures like

Last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year),"12/31"))

2nd Last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-2,Year),"12/31"))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors