Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Month over Month

Hello I am trying to show a month by month comparison betweeen total views. I have been looking at youtube and this channel as well for answers and im not sure if I dont have enough data or what exactly I am doing wrong. I only have 3 months worth of data so maybe thats my issue 

I started out with just one dataset "data" which has a column of "Total Views"

My first attempt i did:

tv = SUM(data[Total Views])

total views last month =
CALCULATE(
[tv],
PARALLELPERIOD(
'data'[Date].[Date],
MONTH)
)

but i just get the exact same number for that month when trying to graph it ot show it in a table
Screenshot_46.jpg
also tried this code:
total by month LM = CALCULATE(SUM(data[Total Views]),DATEADD(data[Date].[Date],-1,MONTH))

but gives me the same results 
Screenshot_47.jpg
also tried 

PrevMonthRev = CALCULATE(sum(data[Total Views]),PREVIOUSMONTH('data'[Date].[Date]))
but thats not even giving me any numbers 

tried 
last month = CALCULATE(SUM(data[Total Views]),DATEADD(data[Date].[Date],-1,MONTH),ALL(data[Date]))

and thats giving me the same numbers as well 
Screenshot_48.jpg

The end goal would be to have a bar chart that would show the difference between the current month and past month 
1 REPLY 1
colacan
Resolver II
Resolver II

@Johnny-Mclawdog Hi Johnny, when I faced the same issue (where the current month value and previous month value are the same) under such a simple time function, there was issue with either date table or date column. I recommend to double check them. or please share sample data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors